Friday, January 4, 2008

Tibetan Loving Kindness Meditation

Hi-
This came across my desk & I thought it was too lovely to keep to myself. It was written for use by HypnoBirthing couples/moms, but it can be used for anyone...pregnant or not. It really fits in with the HypnoBirthing concept of positive affirmations. It's also a great meditation for anyone who practices The Secret &/or law of attraction. If you're not pregnant or don't have a family, extend those thoughts of loving kindness to the world. We can always use more positive energy flowing out there.

Tibetan Loving Kindness Meditation

Tibetan Loving Kindness Meditation is wonderful because it's accessible to everyone regardless of a belief in God or not. It is adapted from a basic form of this meditation and it has been made more relavant for HypnoBirthing moms.

Directions: So with this philosophy, you always start from the inside out. Meaning you do the meditation for yourself first and then toward others. The idea is that when you are full, and overflowing, you have much to give to others.
Do this often for yourself and your baby.

May I be happy
May I be healthy
May I continue to grow and change
May I feel loved and supported (do 3 times)

Then towards the baby~,
May you be happy
May you be healthy
May you continue to grow and change
May you feel my love (do 3 times)

Then towards the family unit (including other siblings)~
May we be happy together
May we be healthy together
May we continue to grow and change
May we experience love together (do 3 times)

No comments: