Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Another great HypnoBirth in Ohio

This is from a HypnoBirthing practitioner in Ohio...I especially like what the mom says about welcoming her surges.

One of my moms who has moved to Texas, just had her second little boy. We worked together in 2006. Here's her latest birth story:

Just wanted to let you know Zachary made his arrival on March 18th at 8:07 he was 8.2 lbs and 20 in long. My labor was 6 hours. I was able to walk through several hours and we made it to the hospital about two hours before he made his appearance. I labored so silently the nurses just ignored us and Zach was born before the doctor was even called. We tried to tell them but they were too concerned with the fact that I wasn't going to have an IV or drugs that they didn't believe us. Oh well, you always say the doctor doesn't do anything any way. In our case, Zach came so quickly I was at 7.5 and about 15 mins later my water broke. I told Scott he was coming. The nurse skeptically checked again, was surprised to find I was around an 8 and less than five minutes later Zach was born. I can't say that I "breathed" him out or really pushed, honestly he sort of shoved his way into the world! I didn't have a lot of say in the whole thing. My first words after he was born was "was that it? Is he here?" I couldn't believe it!
We found that we were able to stay calm and collected the whole time, Scott was wonderful yet again and this time I really found myself inviting each surge. I understood that each surge brought me one step closer to Zach's birth and I told myself that the stronger the surge the more ground I was covering. Overall another wonderful hypnobirth.
Its funny though, with most things in life people are more likely to believe in your methodology if you can repeat a phenomenon. Unfortunately it seems to be the opposite in this. Now people assume that labor must just be easy for me. Oh well you can't convince people if they don't want to listen. Thanks for everything!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heidi Wilhelm
Owner, Labor of Love, LLC
Athens, OH
740-593-3618
MAKE YOUR BIRTH EASIER AND MORE PEACEFUL!
www.ohiobabies.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.AWellLivedLife.Net
www.AWellLivedLife.blogspot.com

No comments: