Friday, July 4, 2008

VBAC Ban Help

This came across my emails & I thought someone out there might be interested...everyone woman should have the right to be allowed to have a VBAC if that is their choice.

I'm a lawyer with the Northwest Women's Law Center in Seattle. I'm investigating possible legal responses to bans on vaginal birth after cesarean at hospitals in the northwest states – Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Washington and Oregon. If you are currently pregnant and want to have a VBAC, but are facing a hospital policy that would require you to have a c-section regardless of whether you want it and it is medically necessary, and are willing to consider working with a lawyer on this, we'd like to talk with you. Please send an email to vbacbanhelp@ican-online.org and we will contact you.
Please forward this email to any list or community where it might be useful.

www.AWellLivedLife.Net
www.AWellLivedLife.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I've honestly never heard of a hospital or provider "banning" a woman from having a VBAC. In fact, I've heard providers encouraging VBAC's rather than repeat C-Sections.

I had 3 C-Sections myself, the first two due to extraordinary circumstances that couldn't be avoided, and the third because I felt that it was too risky to have a VBAC following multiple C-Sections.

I think the most important thing is that women are educated and empowered to make their own decisions regarding how/where they give birth.

Carol, I think your blog is great and a very interesting read.

Warmly,
Kristin
http://ppdsurvivor.blogspot.com