Saturday, September 6, 2008

A HypnoBirthing testimonial

This is from one of my former class members...she gave me permission to share it.

Congratulations & enjoy your babymoon! All my best--Carol

Keegan's Birth Story

I am very happy with the way it all happened, although it was not what I planned. I went into labor on a Saturday night at 9:00pm. I stayed home until 4:30 on Sunday morning and then went to the hospital. I labored naturally until about 5:00 that evening when I decided to get an epidural, at my doctor's recommendation. I progressed fairly quickly to 6 cm on Sunday and I was thinking I was going to make it without any medications, but then I stopped progressing, although my surges got more frequent and more intense. By the time I decided to get the epidural, I had labored for several hours with no progress. He was also rotated, so I had back labor and he wasn't pushing into the cervix.

After getting the epidural my body was able to relax and the baby turned as he was supposed to. I gave birth at 2:17 am on Monday, so I am REALLY glad I decided to get the epidural because there is no way I could have held up with the pain I was having for another 8-9 hours. In the end, as everyone usually says, it didn't matter to me how it happened, I was just so happy to have him!!!

Pam (her friend & a labor & delivery nurse) was an amazing birthing companion and I also had many family members present for the delivery. Two of my brothers, my sister-in-law, my mom and Pam's daughter were all there. Dr. Biter was amazing and he was with me for about an hour.

My baby's name is Keegan and he weighed 7 lbs, 14 oz and he was 19.5 inches long. He is a BEAUTIFUL baby and the absolute JOY of my life. I am loving every minute of being his mommy, even more than I could have ever imagined. He is definitely worth the wait!!!!!

Take care and thank you for everything! -Jennifer F. 1st time parent, San Diego, CA

No comments: