Thursday, April 9, 2009

Additional life benefits of HypnoBirthing

Here is a testimonial of some side benefits of HypnoBirthing from a former class member:

So I have been meaning to write to you for weeks! I just wanted to pass along my thoughts about the skills I learned in HypnoBirthing post birth. More than a year after Caroline's birth I still use "HypnoBirthing" daily...although admittedly I have forgotten much of the official lingo. It is so normal for me I barely notice it but I have noticed a true impact.

I have had borderline blood pressure for as long as I can remember in my adult life. In the last year it has been excellent (well within normal limits) and I attribute completely to regular use of relaxation techniques. The other time I use techniques regularly is when I am trying to sleep, especially if I am in a strange place or their are noises disrupting me. For example, recently a neighbor was having a party and instead of allowing the noise to disrupt me I just told myself that every time I heard a noise from the party to relax deeper and deeper. Worked like a charm. I do the same thing for elevator noises and air conditioning in hotel rooms and for my husband's occasional snoring.

Anyway, I just wanted to share these examples with you because I think that hypnobirthing has an impact far beyond labor and delivery-it is truly a valuable life skill!
-Christine

Thanks, Christine, for sharing that! HypnoBirthing is a childbirth education class, but it was developed to be used more as a philosophy than just a class by Marie Mongan 20 years ago.

I know that several former HypnoBirthing clients (moms, dads & partners) have reported that listening to the Rainbow Relaxation CD after the baby arrives helps them get more restful sleep & helps the mom relax while breastfeeding, which also helps with milk letdown.

www.AWellLivedLife.Net
www.AWellLivedLife.blogspot.com

No comments: