Sunday, January 18, 2009

What a calm, peaceful birth can look like

Here's the link to a wonderful video of a woman chanting throughout her labor. The lights are dimmed, candles are lit & the mother chants "Ommmm" & "Wowwwww" throughout her labor. This is an example of calmness by using your breath & voice to keep your body relaxed, loose, limp & open. In HypnoBirthing, we teach moms to use their breath to keep their body relaxed & limp. I always encourage moms to use their voice if they need to but to be sure it's a low voice. This video shows exactly what I'm talking about. This mother shows no signs of fear & truly embraces labor. She moves her hips, squats, & chants. I'll be showing my kids this video (along with the HypnoBirthing videos) someday so they can see what birth can look like.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7yo8v_naitreenchantee_lifestyle

Enjoy!

www.AWellLivedLife.Net
www.AWellLivedLife.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Cascia Talbert said...

I've never heard of that. Thank you for sharing. I just found your blog. You have a very nice site here!

About Carol said...

Thanks Cascia! I appreciate your feedbck!